As we welcome fall, it is also the best time of year for homeowners’ to plan new trees and shrubs. We’ve put together a list of dos and don’ts for planting trees and shrubs to help as a guide for success: Plant Choice Do: The first thing to do when deciding to plant something is… View Article
Fall is the best growing time of the year for cool-season grass types like those found here in Massachusetts. Below, we’ve put together a list of fall lawn care best practices to help your lawn thrive before winter: Continue best watering practices We encourage you to continue following our recommended watering practices. Water your lawn… View Article
Watering trees and shrubs is very important particularly this time of year. As of August 13th, in Massachusetts 35% of the state is abnormally dry and 65% is in moderate drought, over 6” below normal rainfall. Drought does not only affect trees in the short term, but it can cause damage that may not be… View Article
There are primarily 2 mosquito borne diseases in Massachusetts that have special concern. These 2 diseases are eastern equine encephalitis virus (EEE) and West Nile virus (WNV). These Arboviruses, viruses transmitted by insects, though rare, are capable of causing serious disease. These viruses are found in birds and are transmitted from bird biting mosquitos to… View Article
Broadleaf weeds are one of the biggest issues that can be found in a home lawn. There are multiple practices that can be taken to control these weeds. To obtain the most effective control on broadleaf weeds it is important to understand the different life cycles. Listed below are the three types of life cycles… View Article
Insects are not typically on the top of most peoples lists of favorite animals because of the pest we deal with on a regular basis. This can make it easy to overlook all of the positive benefits insects can have. In actuality, only about 3% of insects are ever considered pest leaving the other 97%… View Article
Temperatures are rising and you are spending more time outdoors. You have also probably been swatting away mosquitos and other pesky bugs. Have you been thinking about mosquito control for your yard? Did you know there are 51 species of mosquitos that occur in Massachusetts? Most of these mosquito species only bite birds or other… View Article
There are primarily 2 mosquito borne diseases in Massachusetts that have special concern. These 2 diseases are eastern equine encephalitis virus (EEE) and West Nile virus (WNV). These Arboviruses, viruses ...